Below are some commercially developed products that you can use to add to your array of relaxation techniques. These will offer you a variety of approaches and might be able to give you a new perspective on the healing process or an idea you may pick up that you can embellish on. This can make it even more powerful for you as you adapt what you learn to your own individual needs.
Books and CD's
- Health Journeys. High quality audio CDs for stress, healing and relaxation and for specific health conditions by a pioneer in the field, Belleruth Naparstek, LISW. (800) 800-8661.
- Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster: A Guide of Mind-Body Techniques. Peggy Huddleston. (book and CD).
- Preparing for Surgery: Guided Imagery Exercises for Relaxation and Accelerated Healing. Martin L. Rossman, MD (Audio CD).
- Guided Imagery Inc. Developed by Diane Tusek, RN, these guided imagery CD's are used in over 6000 hospitals in the U.S. and in 29 countries prior to surgery.
- BioDots. These simple biofeedback devices measure the body's response to relaxation techniques. Each package contains 100 dots and comes with a color key card and step-by-step instructions.
- Stress Thermometer. A thermometer wire attaches to your finger with a temperature read out displayed on an LCD panel. Shows you immediately how your thoughts and feelings affect your body by measuring skin surface temperature.